Wayne County Probate Court can only issue certified copies of Death Certificates.
Wayne County Probate Court only has copies of residents that have died in a County in Georgia.
Applicant must show proper identification as a relative and other necessary proof before we are able to issue a certified copy of a death certificate.
Social security number is omitted from the record if requestor is not an approved close relative or the individual such as mother, father, grandparent, spouse, sibling or adult child.
Fees for copies of Certified Death Certificate:
First copy – $25.00
Additional copies issued at the same time – $5.00
Certified Copies of Death Certificates WITH the cause of Death
Upon completion of a writers request and payment of the fee, the persons or agency representatives that may obtain certified copies of death certificates that contain the cause of death are:
– The spouse, children, parents or other next to kin of the decedent, or
– The legal representatives of the previously described individuals (including funeral directors) or
– Any individual who demonstrates the need for the cause of death to establish a legal right or claim or
– The court, person or entity mentioned in an order or subpoena issued by a court or competent jurisdiction
– Authorized representatives of Federal, State or County government agencies in the conduct to their official
duties (not for personal purposes) or
– Genealogists representing and authorized in writing by a family to obtain copies of records to conduct family
– Researchers authorized by the State Registrar
Certified Copies of Death Certificates WITHOUT the cause of Death
Any person may obtain a certified copy or abstract of a death certificate that does NOT contain the cause of death. However, no certified copy of a death certificate can be issued until the person seeking a copy completes a written request and pays the applicable Vital Record fee.
We can not issue any uncertified copies of a vital record.